Welcome to D PLUS D Events, where we transform events into blooming masterpieces! We specialise in creating exquisite floral arrangements and designs that elevate the ambiance of any occasion. Whether you’re planning a wedding, corporate event, or a special celebration, our team of skilled florists is here to bring your vision to life.
We are passionate about the artistry of floral design. With years of experience in the industry, we have honed our skills and developed a keen eye for creating stunning arrangements that reflect the unique style and personality of each client. We understand that flowers have the power to evoke emotions, set the tone, and enhance the overall atmosphere of an event. That’s why we strive to go above and beyond to deliver extraordinary floral experiences that leave a lasting impression.
Seasonal Floral vs Premium Florals
Seasonal florals encompass flowers that naturally bloom during specific times of the year. These blossoms are readily available and abundant during their respective seasons. Here are some benefits of choosing seasonal florals for your event:
- Freshness and Vibrancy: Since seasonal flowers are picked at their peak, they exude unmatched freshness and vibrancy, adding a natural charm to your event decor.
- Cost-Effective: Seasonal flowers tend to be more cost-effective as they are readily available and do not require extensive shipping or storage. They offer an affordable way to incorporate beautiful blooms into your event without stretching your budget.
- Theme and Coherence: Opting for seasonal florals allows you to create a cohesive theme that harmonizes with the natural surroundings. Whether it’s a spring-inspired garden party or a winter wonderland celebration, seasonal flowers capture the essence of the season and enhance the overall ambiance.
Premium Florals: Premium florals, on the other hand, represent a selection of exquisite blooms that are not bound by seasonal limitations. These flowers are often considered luxurious and add an extra touch of elegance to any event. Here are some advantages of using premium florals:
- Exclusivity and Rarity: Premium florals offer a unique opportunity to showcase rare and exotic flowers that are not commonly found during specific seasons. Their scarcity and exclusivity can create a sense of opulence and sophistication, making your event truly stand out.
- Versatility and Customization: Premium florals come in a wide range of colors, shapes, and sizes, providing endless possibilities for customization. Whether you desire a lavish bouquet, intricate floral arrangements, or statement centerpieces, premium blooms offer unparalleled versatility and flexibility.
- Longevity and Endurance: Premium flowers are often cultivated with extra care and attention, resulting in enhanced durability and longevity. They can maintain their freshness and beauty for an extended period, ensuring that your event remains visually stunning from start to finish.
Artificial Silk and Preserved Flowers
Indulge in timeless elegance on your wedding day with D PLUS D Events’ exquisite combination of artificial silk and preserved flowers. Elevate your celebration with the ethereal beauty of artificial silk, meticulously crafted to mirror the delicate allure of real blooms. Immerse yourself in the luxury of everlasting blooms that capture the essence of romance.
Types of Wedding Party Florals
Bridal Bouquet - Your bridal bouquet is a reflection of your unique personality and style. Whether you envision a romantic cascade of roses, a vibrant mix of wildflowers, or a modern arrangement of succulents, our skilled florists will work closely with you to bring your vision to life.
Bridesmaid Bouquets - Your bridesmaids are an integral part of your wedding day, and their bouquets should complement their dresses and the overall theme seamlessly.
Buttonholes - Complete the polished look of your groomsmen and special guests with meticulously crafted boutonnieres and corsages.
Corsages - Using the finest blooms, we will design boutonnieres that accentuate the style of the groom and his groomsmen, and corsages that beautifully adorn the wrists or lapels of honored family members and close friends.
Flowergirl - Make your flower girl feel like a princess with a dainty and charming bouquet designed just for her.
Hair Florals - Add a touch of whimsy and romance to your bridal party's hairstyles with enchanting floral hair accessories. From delicate flower crowns to elegant hair combs and pins, we offer a variety of options to suit your desired aesthetic.
Types of Wedding Ceremony Florals
Arch Arrangements - Your wedding arch serves as the exquisite backdrop to your most cherished moments. It's the focal point where you'll exchange your vows and embark on a lifelong journey together.
Plinth Arrangements - With their versatility and stunning visual impact, plinth arrangements can transform your venue into a breathtaking wonderland.
Pew Ends - Offer a delightful way to decorate the seating along the aisle, creating a charming and inviting atmosphere for your wedding ceremony.
Signing Table Arrangement - Your signing table is a focal point where important documents are signed and cherished memories are created. Enhance this special space with a stunning floral arrangement that adds beauty and a touch of elegance.
Aisle Florals *cannot be used on White Carpets - As you make your way down the aisle, let your steps be accompanied by a cascade of petals, adding a touch of magic to your wedding ceremony.
Urns - adorned with exquisite floral arrangements serve as poignant focal points during a wedding ceremony, symbolizing the beauty and growth that come from a shared journey.
Types of Wedding Florals
Centerpiece Arrangements (Oasis) - Floral centerpieces are the perfect way to create a stunning focal point that will captivate your guests and transform your venue into a breathtaking space.
Plinth/Riser Arrangements - With their versatility and stunning visual impact, plinth arrangements can transform your venue into a breathtaking wonderland.
Vase Arrangements - play a vital role in enhancing the beauty and elegance of your wedding décor.
Bespoke Centrepiece Florals - Elevate your reception with bespoke floral centrepieces that capture your personal style, evoke emotion, and create unforgettable moments for you and your guests.
Head Table Arrangement - Make a statement with an exquisite floral arrangement that enhances the elegance and grandeur of this special space.
Backdrop Florals - A floral backdrop adds a touch of charm and sets the stage for an unforgettable wedding reception.
Ceiling Florals - Elevate your wedding to new heights of elegance and romance with a breathtaking ceiling floral installation.
Candelabra Florals - The soft glow of candlelight combined with the beauty of fresh blooms will set the stage for a captivating celebration.
Signage Florals - Add a touch of magic and create a visual masterpiece that will not only guide your guests but also become a stunning focal point at your wedding.
Accent Florals - Create a breathtaking display that will leave a lasting impression. Whether its small touches or an extravagant spectacle.
Cake Florals - add an enchanting touch of natural elegance to a wedding confection. Delicately arranged blossoms, whether fresh or intricately crafted from sugar, create a stunning visual contrast against the cake's texture and colour palette.
Types of Florals (Corporate, Social & Media Events)
Centerpiece Arrangements (Oasis) - Make a lasting impression on your clients, partners, and employees with exquisite floral centerpieces that add a touch of elegance and sophistication to your corporate event.
Plinth Arrangements - These elegant displays will captivate your clients, partners, and employees, adding a touch of beauty and refinement to any venue.
Vase Arrangements - Transform your corporate event into a visually stunning and inviting space with exquisite floral vase arrangements.
Bespoke Centerpiece Florals - Our talented team of floral designers will collaborate closely with you to craft custom floral arrangements that perfectly reflect your brand, event theme, and desired atmosphere.
Media Wall Accents - Make a captivating statement and create a visually striking backdrop for your corporate events with stunning floral arrangements for your media wall.
Ceiling Florals - Create a captivating atmosphere that leaves a lasting impression on your clients, partners, and employees.
Accent Florals - Elevate the ambiance of your corporate event and create a memorable visual experience with striking accent floral arrangements.
Choosing your colour palette | Weddings & Social Events
Red, Red Wine
Watermelon Sugar High
Whisper of Lavender
On Wednesdays, we wear Pink!
Running through Quicksand
High Tea at the Manor
Choosing your colour palette | Corporate & Media Events
It's Like A Jungle Sometimes!
When life gives you lemons!
How do I care for my Florals on my Wedding Day?
Caring for your florals on your wedding day is crucial to ensure they stay fresh and beautiful throughout the festivities. Here are some essential tips to help you care for your wedding florals:
- Transporting the Florals: When transporting your florals to the venue, make sure they are handled with care and placed in a cool, temperature-controlled environment. Avoid exposing them to direct sunlight or extreme temperatures, as this can damage the blooms.
- Hydration: Keep the stems of your flowers hydrated by placing them in water. If possible, have vases or containers filled with water ready at the venue to hold the bouquets, boutonnieres, and other floral arrangements.
- Mist and Refresh: To keep your flowers looking fresh and vibrant, lightly mist them with water throughout the day. This is particularly important for delicate blooms and foliage that may wilt or dry out in warm conditions.
- Avoid Heat and Sunlight: Keep your floral arrangements away from heat sources, such as heaters or direct sunlight, as they can accelerate wilting. Choose a cool and shaded location to display your arrangements to help preserve their freshness.
- Work with a Professional Florist: Entrusting your wedding florals to a professional florist is essential. They have the expertise to handle and care for the flowers properly, ensuring they are in prime condition for your big day.
- Plan for Quick Transitions: Coordinate with your wedding planner or venue staff to ensure smooth transitions of the floral arrangements. This includes transferring the ceremony florals to the reception area and promptly removing any wilted or damaged flowers.
- Prepare Backup Blooms: In case any blooms show signs of wilting or damage, it’s always helpful to have some backup blooms on hand. Consult with your florist to provide a few extra flowers that can be easily replaced if needed.
Remember, while proper care can extend the life of your wedding florals, some natural wilting and fading may occur over time. However, with proper care and attention, you can enjoy the beauty and fragrance of your wedding florals throughout your special day.
When and where are my Wedding Florals delivered and why?
The delivery of your wedding florals typically depends on various factors, including the type of arrangements, venue logistics, and your specific timeline. Here are some general guidelines regarding when and where your wedding florals are typically delivered:
- Bridal Party Florals: Bridal party florals, such as bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, and flower crowns, are usually delivered to the bride’s or the designated getting-ready location. This allows ample time for the bridal party to have their florals in hand before photos, ceremony preparations, and other pre-wedding activities.
- Ceremony Florals: Ceremony florals, such as altar arrangements, aisle decorations, and pew ends, are often delivered and set up at the ceremony venue before the guests arrive. The delivery time depends on the venue’s policies and your ceremony start time. It’s crucial to allow sufficient time for the florist to set up the arrangements and make any necessary adjustments.
- Reception Florals: Reception florals, including centerpieces, table arrangements, and any other decorative elements, are typically delivered and set up at the reception venue. The delivery time varies based on your reception start time, but it’s usually a few hours before the guests arrive. This allows the florist to arrange the florals, incorporate any last-minute touches, and ensure everything is in place for the celebration.
Why are they delivered? The delivery of wedding florals is essential for several reasons:
a) Timing and Freshness: Delivering the florals closer to the event ensures their freshness and longevity. Florals that are delivered too early may wilt or lose their vibrancy before the ceremony or reception begins.
b) Professional Handling: Florists are experienced in handling delicate blooms and arrangements, ensuring they are transported safely and set up properly. Professional delivery ensures that your florals arrive in excellent condition and are arranged according to your vision.
c) Logistics and Efficiency: Coordinating the delivery allows for a smooth workflow and ensures that all arrangements are in place on time. Florists work closely with your wedding planner or venue coordinator to determine the most efficient delivery schedule and location.
It’s important to communicate your wedding timeline and logistics with your florist well in advance, so they can plan the delivery accordingly. Discussing the delivery details ensures that your florals arrive at the right place, at the right time, and contribute to creating a beautiful and memorable wedding day.
What time will my Florist be onsite ?
The specific time when your florist will be onsite will depend on various factors, including the complexity of your floral arrangements, the size of your wedding, the venue logistics, and your event timeline. It’s important to communicate your wedding schedule and preferences with your florist to establish a mutually agreed-upon time for their arrival. Here are some general considerations regarding the florist’s onsite time:
- Venue Restrictions: Some venues have specific guidelines and restrictions regarding vendor access and setup times. It’s crucial to coordinate with your venue coordinator to determine when the florist can access the premises for setup.
- Setup Duration: The time required for setup will vary based on the complexity and scale of your floral arrangements. Larger weddings with elaborate floral installations may necessitate more time for the florist to complete the setup. Discuss the setup requirements and timeline with your florist to ensure they have sufficient time to create the desired look.
- Event Timeline: Consider the overall timeline of your wedding day. Determine when you want the floral setup to be completed, allowing enough time for any additional photography, inspections, or adjustments before guests arrive.
- Collaboration with Wedding Planner: Your wedding planner or coordinator will play a vital role in coordinating the logistics and ensuring that all vendors, including the florist, are scheduled to be onsite at the appropriate times. Work closely with your planner and keep them informed of your preferences regarding the florist’s arrival time.
To establish a specific time for your florist to be onsite, it’s recommended to have detailed discussions with them well in advance. Share your wedding schedule, venue policies, and any specific requirements you may have. This will allow your florist to plan their arrival and setup accordingly, ensuring a seamless and timely execution of your floral arrangements on your wedding day.
Why should I be careful with White Flowers ?
White flowers can add an elegant and timeless touch to any wedding or event. However, they require some extra care and attention due to their unique characteristics. Here are a few reasons why you should be careful with white flowers:
- Fragility: White flowers, especially delicate blooms like gardenias, lilies of the valley, or stephanotis, tend to be more fragile and sensitive compared to other colored flowers. They may bruise easily or show browning or discoloration if mishandled or exposed to extreme temperatures.
- Discoloration: White flowers are more prone to discoloration or yellowing if they come into contact with moisture, oils, or other substances. For example, if white flowers are touched with dirty or oily hands, it can leave marks or stains on their delicate petals.
- Transparency: White flowers are often more translucent, which means any blemishes, imperfections, or discolorations are more noticeable. Even small brown spots or petal damage can be more apparent on white blooms compared to those with darker or vibrant colors.
- Environmental Factors: White flowers are more susceptible to showing signs of wilting or stress due to environmental factors such as heat or direct sunlight. They may wilt faster or show signs of dehydration, which can impact their overall appearance and freshness.
To ensure the longevity and pristine appearance of white flowers, it’s important to follow these care tips:
- Handle with care: When handling white flowers, be gentle and avoid touching the petals directly to prevent bruising or transferring oils or dirt. Wear clean, non-oily gloves if necessary.
- Keep them hydrated: Place white flowers in clean vases or containers filled with fresh water, and ensure they have access to water throughout the day. Proper hydration helps keep the blooms looking fresh and prevents wilting.
- Protect from direct sunlight and heat: White flowers should be kept in a cool, shaded area to avoid exposure to direct sunlight or high temperatures, which can accelerate wilting or discoloration.
- Avoid contact with substances: Keep white flowers away from substances that can stain or discolor them, such as oils, makeup, food, or beverages. Take care when arranging them near candles or other potentially staining materials.
By taking these precautions and providing proper care, you can enjoy the beauty of white flowers and ensure they look their best throughout your wedding day or special event.
What if my selected Premium Florals are unavailable on the day?
While it is uncommon, there may be instances when selected premium florals are unavailable on the day of your event. Several factors, such as seasonal availability, unforeseen weather conditions, or supply chain issues, can impact the availability of specific flowers. If this situation arises, here’s how you can address it:
- Communication with Your Florist: Maintain open communication with your florist throughout the planning process. In the event that a specific premium floral becomes unavailable, they can inform you in advance and suggest suitable alternatives or modifications to your floral arrangements.
- Flexible Floral Selection: When selecting premium florals, consider having alternative options or backups in mind. Work with your florist to identify similar blooms or complementary varieties that can achieve a similar aesthetic and fulfill your vision.
- Trust the Expertise of Your Florist: Florists are experienced in working with flowers and have a deep understanding of seasonal availability. Trust their expertise and allow them to propose alternative options that will still create beautiful and cohesive arrangements.
- Focus on the Overall Look and Feel: Remember that your floral arrangements are part of a larger design concept. If a specific premium floral is unavailable, consider adjusting other elements, such as color palette, foliage selection, or vase choices, to maintain the desired overall look and feel.
- Embrace Seasonal Blooms: Depending on the time of year, there may be a wealth of stunning seasonal blooms that can be incorporated into your arrangements. Embrace the beauty of what nature has to offer during that season and let your florist guide you in selecting the best alternatives.
- Stay Flexible and Open-Minded: Flexibility is key when working with live elements like flowers. While it’s disappointing if a specific premium floral is unavailable, remember that there are countless other beautiful flowers that can create equally stunning arrangements. Stay open-minded and trust that your florist will create something exceptional within the given circumstances.
By maintaining good communication with your florist, having alternative options in mind, and embracing the beauty of seasonal blooms, you can navigate any unavailability of selected premium florals and still achieve a remarkable floral design for your special event.
Will the Florist attach my Cake Florals?
The specific responsibility of attaching cake florals may vary depending on the arrangement you have made with your florist and the policies of the florist and the bakery. Here are a few scenarios to consider:
- Florist’s Responsibility: Some florists offer a comprehensive service that includes attaching the cake florals as part of their floral design package. In this case, the florist will coordinate with the bakery or cake designer to ensure the flowers are securely placed on the cake according to your vision.
- Collaboration between Florist and Baker: In certain cases, the florist and the bakery may collaborate to attach the cake florals. They will work together to discuss the placement, timing, and any specific requirements. It’s important to communicate your preferences to both the florist and the baker, so they can coordinate effectively.
- DIY or Coordinator’s Responsibility: Alternatively, you may choose to take on the responsibility yourself or assign it to a wedding coordinator. In this situation, the florist will provide you with the prepared cake florals, and it will be your or your coordinator’s role to attach them to the cake.
It’s essential to discuss the specific arrangements and responsibilities with your florist and the bakery in advance. Clarify who will be responsible for attaching the cake florals, confirm the logistics, and ensure everyone is on the same page regarding the design, placement, and handling of the flowers.
Regardless of who attaches the cake florals, it’s important to ensure that the flowers are safe for consumption. Discuss with your florist the types of flowers that are edible and safe for use on cakes, and make sure the cake decorator takes appropriate precautions, such as using food-safe materials or adding a protective barrier between the flowers and the cake.
By clearly communicating your expectations and coordinating with your florist and the bakery, you can ensure that your cake florals are beautifully attached to your cake, adding a lovely floral accent to your dessert centerpiece.
Does my Venue need to fill the vases with water?
The responsibility of filling the vases with water can vary depending on the agreements and arrangements you have made with your venue and your florist. Here are a few scenarios to consider:
- Venue Provides Full Service: Some venues offer full-service options that include filling the vases with water as part of their service. They may have staff or dedicated event coordinators who take care of setting up the tables and ensuring the vases are filled with water before the event.
- Florist Handles Water Filling: In certain cases, your florist may take care of filling the vases with water as part of their floral design service. They will typically arrive at the venue with the arrangements and complete the setup, which includes ensuring the vases are filled to the appropriate level.
- DIY or Coordinator’s Responsibility: Alternatively, you may choose to handle the water filling yourself or delegate it to your wedding coordinator or a designated person. This means you or your coordinator would need to arrive at the venue early enough to fill the vases with water before the event begins.
It’s important to clarify the responsibilities and expectations with both your venue and your florist well in advance. Discuss with your venue coordinator if they provide vase filling services or if it’s a task that you or your coordinator will need to handle. Additionally, communicate with your florist to understand if they will be responsible for filling the vases or if it’s something you need to arrange separately.
By having clear communication and understanding of the roles and responsibilities, you can ensure that the vases are properly filled with water to keep your floral arrangements fresh and vibrant throughout your event.
How do you dispose off Florals post an Event?
Disposing of florals in a sustainable manner after an event is important to minimize waste and environmental impact. Here are some eco-friendly options for disposing of florals:
- Composting: Consider composting your floral arrangements. Remove any non-biodegradable elements such as ribbons, wires, or non-organic materials, and compost the plant-based components. Composting allows the flowers to naturally break down and become nutrient-rich soil that can be used for gardening or landscaping.
- Donating or Repurposing: If the flowers are still in good condition, consider donating them to local charities, nursing homes, hospitals, or hospices. Fresh flowers can bring joy to others and brighten up their spaces. Alternatively, you can repurpose the flowers by creating smaller arrangements or redistributing them among guests to take home.
- Drying and Preserving: Preserve the beauty of your flowers by drying them. Hang them upside down in a dry, well-ventilated area until they are fully dried. Once dried, you can use them for various purposes, such as creating pressed flower art, potpourri, or decorative crafts.
- Floral Recycling Programs: Some communities or organizations offer floral recycling programs. They collect used flowers from events and repurpose them for different purposes, such as creating compost, animal feed, or natural dyes. Research if such programs are available in your area.
- Local Farms or Animal Sanctuaries: Contact local farms, animal sanctuaries, or zoos to see if they accept donated flowers. Some farms use flowers as animal feed or use them for composting purposes.
- Biodegradable Options: Opt for biodegradable floral elements whenever possible. Use biodegradable floral foam or alternative options like chicken wire or reusable mechanics to secure the arrangements. Choose natural and biodegradable materials for wrapping or packaging.
Remember to plan ahead and communicate your intentions for sustainable disposal with your florist and event venue. They may have recommendations or be able to assist you in ensuring proper disposal methods are implemented. By consciously making sustainable choices, you can reduce waste and make a positive environmental impact after your event.
How do I ensure longevity of my Florals?
Ensuring the longevity of your florals requires proper care and attention. Here are some tips to help you extend the lifespan of your flowers:
- Hydration is Key: Ensure your flowers stay hydrated from the moment you receive them. Cut the stems at a diagonal angle before placing them in clean water. Use a clean vase and change the water every two to three days, adding flower food or preservatives as recommended by your florist.
- Placement: Keep your flowers away from direct sunlight, heat sources, and drafts. Find a cool, well-ventilated area to display them. Avoid placing them near fruits, which release ethylene gas that can accelerate the aging process of flowers.
- Remove Foliage: Remove any leaves or foliage that will be submerged in water. This prevents bacterial growth and keeps the water cleaner for longer.
- Regular Trimming: Trim the stems of your flowers every few days, cutting at a diagonal angle. This helps maintain water absorption and prevents blockage in the stems.
- Keep Away from Ripening Fruit: Ripening fruit releases ethylene gas, which can cause flowers to wilt faster. Keep your flowers away from fruit bowls or areas with ripening fruits.
- Avoid Extreme Temperatures: Extremes of temperature, both hot and cold, can impact the longevity of flowers. Avoid placing them near heaters, air conditioning vents, or open windows during extreme weather conditions.
- Gentle Handling: Handle your flowers with care. Avoid squeezing, crushing, or placing heavy objects on top of them, as it can damage the delicate petals.
- Mist or Humidify: Some flowers benefit from a light misting or humid environment. However, not all flowers respond well to misting, so check with your florist for specific recommendations.
- Ethylene Absorbers: Consider using ethylene absorbers, available in the form of sachets or packets, which help reduce the effects of ethylene gas and extend the life of your flowers.
- Professional Care: If you’re using a professional florist, follow their care instructions and seek their advice if you have any concerns or questions about maintaining the longevity of your flowers.
By following these tips and providing proper care, you can help your flowers stay fresh and beautiful for as long as possible, allowing you to enjoy their beauty throughout your event or celebration.
What if my Florals look different to what I had imagined?
If your florals look different from what you had imagined, it can be disappointing, but there are steps you can take to address the situation:
- Communicate with Your Stylist/Florist: Reach out to your florist and express your concerns. Provide specific details about what is different or not meeting your expectations. Clear communication is essential in addressing any discrepancies and finding a resolution.
- Reference Your Agreement or Inspiration: Refer back to your agreement or any inspiration images you shared with your stylist/ florist during the planning process. Compare the actual arrangements to ensure they align with the agreed-upon design, color palette, and style. Discuss any discrepancies you notice.
- Understand Flower Variations: Keep in mind that flowers are natural products, and variations in color, size, and shape can occur due to seasonal availability and environmental factors. Discuss with your stylist/florist if any substitutions were made or if there were unforeseen changes in the availability of specific blooms.
- Seek Possible Solutions: Work together with your stylist/florist to find potential solutions. They may offer to make adjustments, provide replacements, or suggest alternative arrangements to address your concerns. Collaborating with your stylist/florist can help find a resolution that aligns with your vision.
- Adapt and Embrace: If immediate changes or replacements are not feasible, consider embracing the uniqueness of the arrangements as they are. Sometimes, unexpected variations can add a touch of charm and authenticity to your floral decor.
- Focus on the Overall Experience: Remember that your florals are just one element of your overall wedding or event experience. Focus on the joyous moments, the atmosphere, and the overall celebration rather than solely fixating on any differences in the floral arrangements.
It’s important to address your concerns promptly and openly with your stylist/florist to allow for a timely resolution. Good communication and a willingness to find a mutually satisfying solution will help ensure that your vision is met as closely as possible.
Is Foliage only a more economical option?
Using foliage-only arrangements can indeed be a more economical option compared to arrangements that heavily feature flowers. Here are a few reasons why foliage-only arrangements can be cost-effective:
- Availability and Cost: Foliage is often more readily available and less expensive than certain types of flowers. This is because foliage is typically abundant, and various types can be sourced throughout the year, regardless of the season. In contrast, certain flowers may be more limited in availability or may need to be imported, which can drive up their cost.
- Quantity and Fullness: Foliage allows for creating voluminous and lush arrangements without the need for a large quantity of flowers. Foliage can provide a full and rich visual impact, filling out the arrangement and giving it a lush, natural appearance. By relying more on foliage, you can achieve a similar visual effect while reducing the need for expensive blooms.
- Versatility: Foliage comes in a wide variety of shapes, textures, and colors, offering ample opportunities for creative and diverse arrangements. By using different types of foliage and incorporating interesting textures and tones, you can create visually captivating compositions without relying heavily on costly flowers.
- Longevity: Foliage tends to have a longer lifespan compared to flowers, which are more delicate and have shorter lifespans. By focusing on foliage, you can create arrangements that can last longer, allowing you to enjoy them before, during, and even after the event.
- Greenery Trend: The use of greenery and foliage in weddings and events has become increasingly popular in recent years. This trend embraces the natural beauty of foliage and emphasizes its versatility and elegance, making foliage-only arrangements a stylish and on-trend choice.
However, it’s important to note that the overall cost of your floral arrangements will depend on various factors, such as the specific types of foliage and flowers chosen, the complexity of the design, the size of the arrangements, and the overall scale of the event. Working closely with your stylist/florist and discussing your budget and design preferences will help you create a cost-effective plan that aligns with your vision.
Do Silk Florals cost the same as Fresh Florals?
The cost of silk florals being comparable to fresh florals can be attributed to several factors:
- Quality and Realism: High-quality silk florals are meticulously crafted to closely resemble their fresh counterparts. They often feature intricate details, vibrant colors, and realistic textures. The level of craftsmanship and attention to detail required to create lifelike silk florals contributes to their pricing.
- Materials and Production: Silk florals are made from synthetic materials such as polyester or silk-like fabrics. These materials are carefully selected and processed to create durable and realistic-looking flowers. The cost of materials, as well as the labor involved in manufacturing and assembling the silk florals, contribute to their overall price.
- Design and Customization: Like fresh florals, silk florals can be customized to match specific design preferences. They can be arranged into various floral arrangements, bouquets, and centerpieces. The design process, including selecting and arranging the silk flowers, requires skill and expertise, which can impact the pricing.
- Lifespan and Reusability: Unlike fresh flowers that have a limited lifespan, silk florals can be enjoyed for an extended period. They don’t wilt or require water, making them a long-lasting option. The reusability of silk florals adds value and justifies their pricing, as they can be used for multiple occasions or repurposed for home decor.
- Market Demand and Perception: The demand for high-quality silk florals remains strong, especially among those seeking long-lasting floral arrangements or those with specific allergies to fresh flowers. As a result, the market has adapted to meet this demand, and the pricing is influenced by the perceived value of silk florals as an alternative to fresh flowers.
It’s important to note that the cost of both silk and fresh florals can vary based on factors such as the type and quality of flowers used, the size and complexity of the arrangements, and the specific market or region. It’s advisable to compare prices and quality between different silk floral providers to ensure you are getting the best value for your investment.
Can I integrate Fresh Florals with Silk accents?
Yes, you can definitely integrate fresh florals with silk accents in your floral arrangements. This combination allows you to enjoy the beauty of fresh flowers while incorporating the durability and versatility of silk accents. Here are some ways you can incorporate this mix:
- Bridal Bouquets: Create a stunning bridal bouquet by using fresh flowers as the main focal point and adding silk accents such as greenery, filler flowers, or specific blooms that may be difficult to source in fresh form. This combination adds texture and depth to the bouquet while ensuring certain elements stay pristine throughout the day.
- Centerpieces: Combine fresh flowers with silk accents in your table centerpieces. Use fresh blooms as the main feature and complement them with silk foliage, berries, or smaller flowers. This mix adds visual interest and allows you to incorporate specific colors or elements that may not be readily available in fresh form.
- Ceremony Decor: Enhance your ceremony space by using fresh flowers for larger arrangements and incorporating silk accents such as trailing vines, fabric flowers, or hanging installations. This combination adds a touch of whimsy and texture to the overall decor.
- Corsages and Boutonnieres: Incorporate silk elements into your corsages and boutonnieres by adding silk leaves, buds, or small blooms to fresh flower arrangements. This combination ensures that these smaller floral accessories maintain their shape and appearance throughout the event.
- Cake Decorations: Use a mix of fresh flowers and silk accents to decorate your wedding cake. Fresh flowers can be strategically placed on the cake tiers, while silk flowers can be used as accents on the cake topper or cascading down the sides. This combination adds visual interest and ensures that the cake decorations stay fresh and intact.
Integrating fresh florals with silk accents allows you to achieve the desired aesthetic while providing longevity and flexibility in your floral designs. Work closely with your stylist/florist to discuss your preferences and explore creative ways to combine these elements seamlessly in your arrangements.
What types of Florals + Foliage are considered Premium?
Phalaenopsis Orchid Cymbidium Orchid Waratah King Protea Peony Mini Pineapple Coconut Assorted Fruit Caladium Leaf Monstera/Philodendron Leaf Large Fan Palm Sprayed/painted leaves Native Reed Grass (not Pampas) Spruce Pine Magnolia Branch Gum Branch Potted Succulent/Cactus Potted Fern Potted Fern
How to choose your colour palette?
Choosing the right color palette for your event is an important decision as it sets the tone and creates a cohesive and visually appealing atmosphere. Here are some steps to help you choose the perfect color palette for your event:
- Determine the Mood: Consider the overall mood or theme you want to create for your event. Do you envision a romantic and soft ambiance, a vibrant and energetic atmosphere, or a sophisticated and elegant setting? The mood you want to convey will help guide your color choices.
- Gather Inspiration: Look for inspiration from various sources such as magazines, websites, social media platforms, or even nature. Create a mood board or collection of images that reflect the colors and aesthetics you are drawn to. This will help you visualize and narrow down your preferences.
- Consider the Venue: Take into account the colors and decor of the event venue. Choose a color palette that complements the existing elements in the space. If the venue has prominent features or specific colors, incorporate them into your palette for a harmonious look.
- Think About the Season: Consider the season in which your event will take place. Spring and summer may inspire pastel shades, bright and vibrant hues, or soft and airy colors. Fall and winter might evoke warm and earthy tones, rich jewel tones, or icy and cool shades. Let the season guide your color choices for a cohesive and seasonally appropriate aesthetic.
- Balance and Contrast: Create a balanced color palette by incorporating a mix of hues. Consider using a combination of primary colors, secondary colors, and neutrals. Balance bold or vibrant shades with softer or muted tones for visual harmony. Add contrast by pairing light and dark shades or mixing warm and cool colors.
- Limit the Palette: To maintain a cohesive look, it’s generally recommended to limit your color palette to three to five main colors. This ensures that your event doesn’t feel overwhelming or chaotic. However, you can incorporate different shades or tones within those main colors to add depth and variation.
- Test Swatches: Once you have narrowed down your color choices, obtain physical swatches or samples of the colors you are considering. Place them together and assess how they look in different lighting conditions. This will help you visualize how the colors will interact and ensure they work well together.
Remember, the color palette you choose should reflect your personal style and preferences while also considering the overall theme, venue, and season. Don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with different combinations until you find the perfect color scheme that brings your vision to life.